CAE Report generator is a program I started writing in my spare time to help Combat Arms EU users submit abuse reports to the Nexon EU forum. It has grown since it was initally released and now has a large number of features. Here is an overview:
- Check suspect's IGN for typos
- If you don't manually select a date/time, the program will automatically use the values from an added screenshot
- Upload all of your screenshots with a single click to selected image hosting provider.
- Include your YouTube videos in the report by selecting them from a dropdown list
- Your IGN is saved between sessions
- Two modes of submitting reports
- Manual - copy&paste the generated report to the forum post (formatting is preserved)
- Automatic - program submits the report for you (no web browser is used)
- Options for configuring image uploads, your YouTube videos and reports
- Suggestion box for suspect names
- Video editor for encoding, trimming and extracting snapshots from videos
- Upload videos to YouTube
- Report library
- Auto update feature
It requires .NET Framework 3.5.
Latest version: v1.14
NewsVersion v1.14 released25.10.2013
Version v1.13 released12.10.2013
Version v1.12 released18.05.2013
Version v1.11 released22.11.2012
Version v1.1 released25.06.2012.
Version v1.092 released7.7.2011.
Version v1.091 released16.2.2011.
- updated forum authentication module
Version v1.09 released4.1.2011.
- updated image hosting providers (added imgur.com [US], picfu.net [GERMANY], www.combatpics.de [GERMANY], removed bayimg.com [SWEDEN], www.imgbx.com [GERMANY], www.picatom.com [UKRAINE], updated www.imagebanana.com [FRANCE])
- default image provider changed to imgur.com
- fixed issues caused by spider/scorpion flags
- video editor can now properly encode videos captured with CA using "High Quality MPEG4" preset
- updated and improved forum duplicate checker
- minor bug fixes
Version v1.08 released9.9.2010.
- Map auto-update module didn't work as expected (actually it didn't work at all -.-), so it was rewritten.
- Forum duplicate checker was fixed so it no longer hangs for 2 min without reponse.
- Combat Arms got an integrated video recorder, and so I've decide to include the necessary codec in the installation. This codec will allow you to watch those videos from any DirectShow or VFW player and allow Report Generator's video encoder to handle them properly. This only applies to non-MPEG4 recordings.
- In the last version (1.07) three image hosting providers were removed and no new were added, so in this version I added some new ones. These are bayimg.com [SWEDEN], www.imgbx.com [GERMANY], www.picatom.com [UKRAINE]. All of them are hosted in Europe to give you the best performance and fastest image uploading and viewing.
- Some users complained that www.directupload.net has a lot of popups and even viruses, so it is no longer used as a default provider. New default provider is bayimg.com which has absolutely no ads or popups on site.
- Virtual Dub was updated to v1.9.10 and some minor tweaks were done to the video encoder
Version v1.07 released25.6.2010.
- Virtual Dub was updated to v1.9.9
- when browsing for images, multiple files can now be selected
- imagehosting list was checked and updated (xs.to is down - disabled, tinypic has captcha - disabled, combatpics is down - disabled, imageshack changed api - fixed). So now there are three functional image hosters available. I will put some more if needed in a later release.
- warning messages have been added when generating single screenshot reports, video only reports, and harrasment reports.
- minor bug fixes and internal tweaks
Version v1.06 released10.5.2010.
- new offence types were added (Powerleveling, Scammer, Account Selling, Bug Abuse) to reflect often used offences on the forums
- since CA Rank "Wall of Shame" development was shelved some time ago, it's support has been completely removed
- some minor video encoder tweaks were done
- map list is now automatically updated after each patch. The data itself is grabbed from CA NA since they have a map list available in plain text on their web site. The program assumes that a new map may be introduced every first Wednesday of the month.
Version v1.05 released27.1.2010.
- video encoder scripts are now created in a temporary folder.
- video encoder now supports HD resolutions 720p and 1080p. Those are available only if the input video's resolution is widescreen and high enough. By default the encoder suggests to encode in 720p or next best available. The video bitrate parameter is automatically set when you select a resolution (video size) to give you best video quality.
- some small bugs were fixed.
Version v1.04 released19.1.2010.
- your settings can now also be reused from previous versions, so you don't have to setup the application from scratch when a new version is released. Also the startup crash that can happen on Vista or Win7 has been patched.
- there were a lot of duplicate reports generated on the forum, so to put a stop to it, I've implemented a new advanced duplicate checker. Now if duplicates are found, you can preview them and choose to reply to a selected topic, post a new topic, or abort the submission.
- there were many GUI tweaks and fixes, and VirtualDub was upgraded to v1.9.8.
- I've decided to implement taskbar progress animation when images/videos are uploading or are being encoded. This way you can be aware of the progress without having to keep the window visible, and helps you keep track for those time consuming operations. This feature is available only on Windows 7. The program now requires .NET Framework v3.5 to be installed.
- v1.04 had a bug when converting images to JPG before upload, it was fixed in v1.041.
Version v1.03 released15.12.2009.
- new map was added and some bugs fixed (thanks to all who reported them)
Version v1.02 released23.11.2009.
- dvil (owner of www.combatarms-rank.com) is currently working on a wall of shame and we managed to combine our efforts, so now the reporter can also submit reports to your personal wall of shame. It's still in development, but it should be functional soon.
- bernd78 (owner of www.cagame.de) was kind enough to offer his www.combatpics.de web site as an image hosting provider. So, now you can upload your screenshots there if you like.
- some bugs were fixed along with better support for Windows XP.
- v1.02 has a bug with trimming videos, it was fixed in v1.021